Saturday, November 21, 2015

Fit Along Friday



I am really missing taking family portraits this time of year. I am hoping by next year I'll be back in swing of my photography business. Until I find the time for it I have to settle for my camera on a tripod and using the 10 second timer! Even my remote shutter is broken. I need to work on all of that!

With Thanksgiving coming up I've been thinking a lot about what kind of healthy food I can bring to Thanksgiving dinner. I have a lot of intolerance to a lot of foods so I want to make something creative and I came across this recipe for 



I think it looks delicious.  The ingredients are onion, celery, apple, dates, almond flour, sage, thyme, marjoram, rosemary, salt, pepper, coconut oil and eggs. I was so excited when I was reading though the list of ingredients until I got to the eggs. I am intolerant to eggs and they really bother me. I read some of the comments and I found out that I can use ground up flax seed and water (1 T ground flax and 2 T water and let sit for three minutes) as a binder instead of the eggs. I can't wait to try it out.

WHAT WE I AM EATING THIS WEEK-
Monday lunch- Braised Beef Pot Roast and Bacon Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Monday dinner- Grass Fed Beef and Grilled Vegetable Lasagna
Tuesday lunch- Baked Sweet Potato Turkey, Chorizo, Bacon and Spinach 
Tuesday dinner- Veggy Loaded Meatloaf, Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Wednesday lunch- Chicken Salad with Avacado-Lime Paleo Mayo over Seasonal Greens
Wednesday dinner-  Stir Fry Chicken and Vegetables with Lemongrass-Ginger Broth

Do you know how much of that I am cooking? NONE. We have a local Paleo restaurant that does a food service. You can sign up for a three day or five day plan. You get lunch and dinner and it is all packaged in lovely containers and is oh so yummy. Although I do plan on making healthy decisions on Thanksgiving I know I might be tempted by some yummy treats. So I decided to get the food service since I know I am getting great healthy meals for three days and I love the portion control! Plus the meals our mouth watering delicious and not having to cook all those meals frees up some of my time. Since the kids have activities everyday after school I am glad to know I can come home to something good to eat and not feel make bad decisions.

FITNESS TIP OF THE WEEK-
Get up and move. I have found I do much better getting my work done if I get up every 45 minutes and move around. I tend to loose focus after 45 minutes of sitting at the computer and working. I have made playlists on Spotify that are 45 minutes long. I know when the playlist ends it is time to get up and move around. I might even stretch or do a yoga pose. There is nothing like doing a head stand to get the blood to run to your head and refresh you. If you aren't into standing on your head and few trips up and down a flight of stairs will get your blood pumping.

I hope you all enjoy Thanksgiving!!! Make healthy decisions and take a walk! Might I suggest a nice round of TurboFire to get your metabolism going so maybe you can sneak in an extra portion. Remember the key to your metabolism is working out your legs. You have the largest muscles in your legs, do some squats get those muscles warmed up and that metabolism burning!


If you want to join me in my Fit Along here are the steps:


Have a great weekend! See you next Friday.


If you haven't tried Shakeology yet remember you can buy a sample pack and try the different flavors before you commit to a 30 day supply.



2 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

Thank you for the recipe. I shall try making this. How great that you can order the meals from the restaurant. Happy Thanksgiving!

Debbie said...

what a beautiful picture of the family!!!

looks and sounds like a great recipe!!! have a great week!!!