Friday, November 13, 2015

Fit Along Friday

I'm back for Fit Along Friday!!! Sorry for my recent absence, but my life has been very busy lately. But I'm back and it has been so good to hear from so many of you asking me to get these posts going again!  I had a great idea that I would photograph all the meals I make and post them here, but somehow they get eaten and the pictures don't get taken, but I'm going to work on that.

So for fun and exciting things I am going to be bringing my photography equipment to Yoga class! So fun right?! I set up my lights and back drop and did a few fun trial pictures. Mr B (aka my 8 year old son) was home sick from school and thankfully helped me out with taking pictures. My remote shutters is broken and running back and forth doing poses with the 10 second self timer was exhausting. So big thanks to Mr. B.



My birthday is coming up and on my birthday I love to spend the day knitting and taking lots of pictures. My birthday is falling on a Sunday and I was planning on playing hookie from church and go to yoga class instead. I asked my instructor if I could bring in my equipment so we could do a photo session. Since I have lost about 65 pounds since last year I thought it would be fun to do some pictures doing cool posses to celebrate. I still don't know what any of the yoga poses are called, but I know I can do a bunch of cool ones with guidance from my instructor. She loved the idea and I of course offered to take pictures of anyone that wants them. All the people in my class were very excited. But then I found out the kids are signing in church on my birthday and we have to do a boy scout community project on my birthday. So instead of doing the photo shoot on my birthday I'll be doing the pictures Sunday Dec 6th.  It is going to be a donation class and there is going to be live music and a juice bar! If you are in the Monmouth County area and want to come give me a message and I'll let you know how to get there. Everyone is welcome to attend!


WHAT WORKOUTS AM I DOING THIS WEEK- 
Since I am planning on getting pictures I am doing 21 Day Fix Extreme. I like to moan and groan about 21DFX because I don't find it as fun as some of the other Beachbody programs, but the results are amazing. The first week is painful and then half way into the second week it is hard to stop looking in the mirror and by the end of 21 days it is just craziness. Which reminds me I didn't take my before picture! But I did take a week off since I had the flu. I'll have to do a before picture today and start over.

FITNESS TIP- 
Drink Shakeology. Seriously it is great stuff. By replacing one meal a day with Shakeology you will have amazing results. I like to have my shake with water and ice and I mix it in my Ninja Blender. It is so tasty and satisfying. It seriously is the simplest change you can make in your life and have amazing results. 

WHAT WE ARE EATING-
One of my favorite go to meals in a Kielbasa dish I make.  It is super simple and it tastes so good. I even took pictures of it when I made it last night. Since I have modified this so many times I'm going to call it "Andee's Kielbasa".  

Andee's Kielbasa 
Step 1-
Heat up a skillet to Med-High heat. Dice up your Kielbasa and put it in the skillet (you can make this leaner by using a turkey kielbasa). Cook it thoroughly and then push it to one side of the skillet.


Step 2- (not shown) You can added potatoes to the skillet now. Let them cook right on the yummy oils left from the kielbasa in the pan. I usually dice them up small so they cook faster and get nice and golden brown on all sides. Once the potatoes are cooked push them to the side with the kielbasa.

Step 3- Dice up one yellow pepper and one red pepper and add it to the skillet. Then dice up one red onion and add that to the skillet.


Step 4- Mix it all up together and let cook for a few minutes. I usually don't cook the peppers for too long because I like the crunch of fresh peppers. Now it's time to eat!


I don't add salt, pepper or any seasonings to this meal. If I use a turkey kielbasa I find I need to add a little coconut oil to the skillet after I cook it. So I push the turkey kielbasa to the side after it is cooked, then I place the coconut oil in the skillet where I am going to cook the potatoes. There isn't as much greasy goodness left over from the turkey as the beef  or pork kielbasa.  The only reason I didn't add the potatoes last night was due to laziness and I didn't feel like pealing them and dicing them up.

Usually when I make this meal I put it into individual containers and I can have it for lunch for 3 days. It can be eaten hot or cold. But heated up is yummier.  It is also a great meal to take to a party, camping or vacation.

Andee's Kielbasa-
Ingredients
1- Kielbasa diced
1- Red Pepper diced
1- Yellow Pepper diced
1- Red Onion diced
3- Medium Red Potatoes diced

Directions-
Heat skillet to Med-High heat.
Cook kielbasa then push it to the side of the skillet. Cook the potatoes in the skillet until golden brown then push them to the side of the skillet. Add the diced peppers and onion to the skillet. Mix all the ingredients together and cook until heated thoroughly and enjoy!

If you want to join me in my Fit Along here are the steps:


Have a great weekend! See you next Friday.

1 comment:

Anke said...

Holy smokes, that first yoga pose is unbelievable!! You rock!