Friday, September 11, 2015

Fit Along Friday



Hi everyone how was your week?! Was it filled with lots of fun things???  Freddy and I had a great time this past weekend at our friends wedding. I spent the entire night in a pretty dress with high heels and danced the night away!!! Sadly I didn't get any good pictures of me in my dress :( There was a photo booth at the reception and we did take pictures..... but I left my pictures at our table. Boo hoo for that, but I did snap a picture with my cell phone.





And of course the beautiful bride and groom.  I got lots of pictures of them! Especially since I was the unofficial paparazzi of the night.



I am sad that the wedding is over. It was one of my big motivations for getting in shape and staying in shape. Now I have to focus on a new event.... I'm thinking about planning a snow skiing trip. You know you have to write your weight down on the ski rentals..... that should be motivation! But truthfully I have wanted to take snow boarding lessons and I'm thinking with my birthday coming up in November I might just actually do it!

What is your motivation? Do you have a big event coming up?

FITNESS TIP #4- SLEEP
Go to bed! Not just that go to bed early. Sleep is so important and you need a lot of it. Everyone needs their beauty rest. Especially for all of you who have been doing the Fit Along and are doing Beachbody Programs or taking daily 20 minute walks. Your body heals when you are sleeping. All those muscles you worked out repair and get stronger when you sleep. So go to bed!

I personally go to bed early. I like to be in bed by 9 pm. Crazy I know! But I have found by going to bed early my body is able to wake up when it has rested enough (not by an alarm clock). So call me crazy for getting up at 4:30 am (or maybe 5:30.. but always by 6:00). But I love it. By getting up after my body has had enough sleep I feel so rested. I love the time in the morning I have to myself to have my coffee and knit. No one else is up and I have no obligations at that time. I don't do laundry, I don't clean, I don't cook anyone breakfast, I just sit and relax for a few hours. I like to watch the news to see the weather and then I listen to an audio book.

I do however tend to stay up a little later on the weekends. But try it for yourself. Try going to bed early and after about 3 nights you will get in the routine. I promise you will see and feel a difference.

WHAT WE ARE EATING-
I hate to see Summer leave, but I am looking forward to cooler temps so I can get back to making roasted veggies.  It is still hot and humid here at the Jersey Shore so most of my cooking has been done in the slow cooker. As soon as the temps go under 80 degrees I'll be putting some spaghetti squash in the oven!

Since it is still so hot out I'm sticking to grilling and the slow cooker.  With opening day of football this Sunday I thought I'd throw in a few fun football meals. I always say "Football makes you fat!"  There is nothing I enjoy more than sitting around watching football and snacking on yummy food. I love spending time with my family and I love the excuse to sit around with them and enjoy a few games.  However to avoid my mid section turning into a football I will be sure to get my workouts in first thing in the morning so I can burn those extra calories all day!!!

Grilled Maple Balsamic Pork Tenderloins



(these are great as a meal or an app)


TURKEY CRANBERRY MEATBALLS


And because it is Friday and sometimes you need a little music to get you pumped up for the weekend. Or maybe a little music to get your out of your chair and moving and ready to work out here is Icona Pop's "Emergency".  



If you want to join me in my Fit Along here are the steps:

    I am recommending the TurboFire program for this first "Fit Along".

Have a great weekend! See you next Friday.


1 comment:

Debbie said...

beautiful, you look gorgeous andee!!!! well the half of you that's left looks gorgeous!!!