Wednesday, September 25, 2013


Is happenings a word? I guess so. Spell check didn't pick it up.  A lot has been happening around here and I've had little time to sit and reflect on it all.  Thankfully most of the things going on are all good things.  It has been hectic getting back to a schedule. I am missing my long wonderful days of Summer. I didn't have to rush to get the kids anywhere.  I could work all day and take breaks here and there for lunch and to run a quick errand. But now it is back to rushing around and squeezing in work and all the other things that need to get done.
I've been around visiting most of the blogs on my reading list, but I haven't been getting to comment as much as I would like.  I'll read a post and get to the comment and someone will need something and I get up and never leave my quick Hello or response, but I promise I have been by.
On top of work and school we seem to be running from appointment to appointment.  I was lucky enough to go to the dentist with the kids twice today. Tiny in the morning and Brady in the afternoon.  Thankfully my kids love the dentist. I just feel like a bad mom when I find out the amount of cavities they have. I swear we brush a lot!
I think Tiny just likes to go for the video games.

I got a phone call from my mom and she said it looked like one of the alpacas was going to have her baby today.  My mom had an appointment to go to so I said I'd swing by with Rudee and Tiny and keep an eye on her until she got back.  My other sister came to the farm too. She stayed close to the field and we decided to do some pumpkin picking. Or should I say gourd picking, since the deer and groundhogs ate all the pumpkins.

Rudee met the alpacas last night for the first time, but it was pretty dark out so I didn't get a picture.  But today I couldn't resist getting a shot with my cell phone.
"Yes Rudee your big brother Blue is in that field."

After a false alarm and calling my mom and dad and other sister we were all at the farm, but no baby.  So I headed home to get Brady at the bus stop.  I got the phone call that Melody had a boy.  But I had to head to the dentist again with Brady for his cleaning. (Yes it would be easier to take them at the same time, but it didn't work with their schedule).
I had to laugh at the boys watching the TV. It is in a much better spot when you are laying back in the chair.
So after the dentist it was off to the farm to meet the new baby alpaca.
We were greeted by Arrow.
This is the new guy! The one we spent the day wondering when he was going to come out. It was clear that the mother was in labor she just wasn't pushing. She is an experienced mother so we weren't too concerned, but as the day went on my sister and mother ended up having to glove up and make sure the baby was positioned right inside. He was and 15 minutes later he entered the world.

He's father Tka "Kigo" is also Arrow's father. I'd say for Kigo's first two offspring he did an outstanding job. 

There is nothing better than a healthy cria and an experienced momma.

Welcome to the farm new guy. You came just in time for the Open House this weekend.
Ah that felt good to sit down and write a post.  Now that I've let the kids stay up way too late I'm sure I'll pay for it tomorrow morning when they don't want to get up for school.  But I'll enjoy this moment for now. I hope you had a wonderful day.



TexWisGirl said...

laughed at the boys craning their necks to watch tv. :)

congrats on a new, healthy cria addition!

Lori ann said...

oh my goodness, your puppy! so much cuteness here andee! your boys always, and the alpacas!

Debbie said...

Cuteness overload!! Between your boys and those alpaca, you are constantly surrounded by beauty!!

I had so much fun on Sunday at the farm, many thanks to you and your family!!

Deanna said...

ahhhh....I loved this post. So glad the little one came without any problems...such cute pics!!

Weekend-Windup said...

Amazing picture of alpaca.Think boys came out safe after watching the program.