Tuesday, May 8, 2012

At the Bird Feeder- Red Bellied Woodpecker

My bird feeders have been a very busy place.  They are mostly occupied by Blue Jays and Cardinals, but there are lots of other visitors.  I used to have lots of Goldfinches, but since one of the types of seed I had ran out, they haven't been visiting as much although I can still hear them in the trees.  I saw a lot of woodpeckers today.  A male Red-Bellied Woodpecker made an appearance and I'm so glad I grabbed a few quick pictures before it flew off.  Blurry pictures, but proof. I had put out some new food to see if I could attract any other types of birds. Well I guess it worked.  Maybe this guy is to blame for all the holes in my tree. 





This post is being shared with The Pine River Review- World Bird Wednesday
be sure to swing by and see all the other links

7 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

wow, you really do have a lot of holes in that tree! :)

mick said...

The Woodpecker is beautiful and it has certainly been busy to make all those holes in the tree trunk.

Vores have said...

Great pictures you show.
Wishing you a good day.
Hanne Bente / hbt.finus.dk

theconstantwalker said...

What a lovely little woodpecker..

Debbie said...

oh andee, it's official, your hooked!!

awesome captures of this noisey guy. he sure has been busy!!!

Unknown said...

They're beauties!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Brian King said...

Gorgeous shots, Andee! I love the Red-bellied Woodpeckers.