Monday, December 21, 2015

Fit Along Friday

It's Fit Along Friday on Monday! I just made the most delicious meal! It is Acorn Squash with Apple, Cranberry & Sausage Stuffing. Oh it was so yummy!!!



Yesterday I went to the grocery store and got enough supplies to make about 7 slow cooker meals. My plan was to prep them all and then put 5 of them in the freezer and leave the other two in the fridge to toss into the slow cooker over the next few days. But I had to go somewhere and I didn't get it all prepped. I had big plans of prepping and taking pictures. Hopefully I'll be able to get it done tonight before all my food goes bad!

As for the meal I made today it was so yummy and I had to share my modifications to the original recipe.  The original recipe can be found here.

Acorn Squash with Apple, Cranberry & Sausage Stuffing

Meat - 
1 lb ground pork sausage with sage

Produce-
1 acorn squash (cut into to pieces, remove the seeds, roast face down at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes)
1 apple (I used a granny smith)
1/2 cup celery
1/2 cup onion
1/2 cup cup dried cranberries
2 tbsp parsley (I omitted. I don't like parsley)
1/2 tsp sage, dried
1/2 tsp thyme

Canned Goods-
1/4 cup chicken stock

Breads & Baked Goods-
1 cup White Bread (omitted)
2 cups Whole Wheat Bread (omitted)
Instead of the bread I used Almond Flour

Dairy-
2 tbsp butter (omitted)
I used coconut oil to saute the vegetables

I cooked the onion, celery and pork until it was cooked through (I drained the fat from the pork). Then I added the spices, apple, and cranberries. I mixed it all up and then I added the almond flour (I didn't measure it but I think it was a little over a half a cup). Then I added a some chicken stock. I mixed it all up. I added the stuffing mixture to the roasted squash and put the left over stuffing in a container for lunch tomorrow.

It was so yummy and I know I can easily modify this meal and use lean ground turkey instead of the pork. Which I know will be a perfect substitute and make this meal work for the Master Hammer & Chisel Challenge I'm doing starting January 3rd.


My super awesome coach made this header for our challenge group. I got such a huge kick out of it.  If you ever need some motivation just put your head on a super fit person! Damn Byronna and I are looking good :) One of the things I like most about doing the Challenge Groups is being around people that challenge, push and motivate me. I have participated in quite a few of these groups, but this is my first time co-hosting one. If you want to join us the challenge starts January 3rd. You can order the program "The Master's Hammer and Chisel" through my site. I can't wait to get started. I got my disks ordered and I must say I'm happy about the free shipping!!!

If you want to join us or find out more about the program please send me a message and I'd love to give you more information about it.

The Master's Hammer and Chisel
Building a strong, sculpted body doesn't require hours spent working out—just an expert approach. And with The Master's Hammer and Chisel, seasoned trainers Sagi Kalev and Autumn Calabrese have compiled their best, most efficient techniques into 30- to 40-minute resistance-training workouts to help you craft a powerful, perfectly defined physique in just 60 days.
If you want to join me in my Fit Along here are the steps:


Have a great weekend! See you next Friday.

No comments: