Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Sitting Up and Taking Nurishment


I have been SICK! I haven't been sick in such a long time, but I have made up for it over the past six days. I had a fever from last Wednesday until Sunday. I still have a terrible cough, but I am feeling much improved. I know some people say they don't get the flu shot because when they get the flu shot they get the flu. I like to think that is a bunch of malarkey, but I got the flu shot and if this isn't the flu it is pretty darn close to it. 

The doctor said this bug takes 7-10 days to work it's way out of my system. Tomorrow will be day 7 and hopefully by Friday I'll be back to normal.  Unfortunately my son Mr. B got it too. His fever started Friday and as of this morning it was still 101.3. So he still has a few days to go with this yuckyness. 

Tiny Terror had a milder version of it a few weeks ago and he seems to be going strong and missing out on this round of sickness. Fingers crossed he stays healthy!

I am so used to being in two places at once and running all over the place. The only day that I am in one place for more that two hours at a time is at work on Thursday's at Chelsea Yarns (which I sadly had to miss last week). I get to be there for four hours straight! All this down time at home has been great! Despite feeling terrible I have gotten a lot accomplished. I made two new knitting patterns, organized my yarn stash and my closets, and it has just felt great to sit down and relax!  I have to admit the first few days of this bug I didn't even feel like knitting. Now that is SICK. But two finished knits later I am much improving.

I know this bug is going around and people have it everywhere. If you get it I suggest dropping everything and plan on being on the couch for days.  Thank goodness for grocery stores that deliver a week supply of groceries so I don't have to leave the house. I still can't figure out how they can do all my shopping for me and bring it to my house and it only costs $6.73. But I'll take it!

Ok now it is time for me to get a lot of work caught up on and time to get in touch with test knitters!!!!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

i was at the farm sunday and was hoping to see you...i bought some of maggie's yarn. i hope you are feeling better, online food shopping is awesome, i don't know why i don't do it it all the time!!!!

Debbie said...

and tiny's not tiny anymore ;)