Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Yarn Along ~ Baby Knitting

Over the weekend I was invited to a baby shower for my cousin. She is expecting her first baby in May. She is more like a 3rd cousin (well married to my third cousin), but she is having a girl and if you know my family we don't know how to make girls. So I couldn't resist knitting a little pink jacket!


I made the six month size and I used Anzula Squishy in the colorway Mauve. It is 80% superwash merino, 10% cashmere & 10% nylon. It is so soft and squishy.  I modified the original pattern and didn't make a hood. I didn't think a newborn needed a hood. The pattern goes up to a size 2 I believe. if I was making it for a two year old I would have made the hood.


I was lucky to find just the right buttons as Chelsea Yarn.  They are having an Anniversary Sale I highly recommend checking it out! 



For reading (or listening since it was an audio book) I just finished "Gaining Ground: A Story of Farmers' Markets, Local Food, and Saving the Family Farm" by Forrest Prichard. I absolutely loved it!
 

 

20 comments:

karen said...

cute sweater and love the lacy detail along the button band edges :) A girl! how refreshing :)

Isaida said...

Beautiful sweater! We don't make girls in our family either!

Reinventing Mother said...

Love the sweater!

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous sweater! The colour is just perfect, I love the no-hood mod for newborn, smart thinking.

Shirley-Ann said...

Oh that is so cute! I am adding that to my knitting list!

Anonymous said...

This is completely beautiful. I'm sure she is going to swoon. Well done!

elizabeth said...

that is really beautiful! Love the detail in it!! And the colour is just right for a baby girl!!

Nancy said...

Gorgeous sweater. They'll be sure to love it!

Donna said...

What a dainty little sweater. I need to knit something for my niece who is due in a couple of months. This may be a winner.

CathieJ said...

What a pretty sweater. I love the lacy look. Perfect for Spring.

Tina Marie said...

You made a pretty little sweater. I love the color and the pattern is so sweet.

Unknown said...

such a sweet little cardigan

Anonymous said...

So precious!! I just had a friend who after 5 sons and 11 years had a baby girl! They are all thrilled!

Sarah said...

Beautiful little sweater! I currently have the opposite issue... I'm dying to make some little boy clothes but having had three little girls in a row means lots of pink and lace, which is fun too!

Debbie said...

ooohhhh Andee it's beautiful!! I have another great niece coming, I would like to have one of these for her!!

Josie said...

Gorgeous! It looks absolutely perfect and what a lovely gift to receive.

Fay said...

Absolutely lovely cardi. Love the colour and the pattern! Beautiful.

thecrazysheeplady said...

Cute, cute, cute!

Unknown said...

The cardigan is lovely.

Zauberflink said...

Just beautiful! And a good idea to skip the hood - they always get in the way with little ones who lay on their backs most of the time.