Monday, November 26, 2012

'Tis the Season






You probably won't be seeing much of me over the next few weeks.  I have lot of gifts to knit!  On top of that I have calendars, notecard and photobooks to make. I have family portraits to finish up and photos to finish editing in time for Christmas cards to go out.  Busy, busy, busy.  Plus spending my weekends working at the farm and lots of holiday parties on the calendar I can't imagine much time to get on the computer. So there you have been warned.  But I'm sure I'll make up for my down time on my blog in January.

I really have enjoyed the pattern's in "My Grandmother's Knitting" and I am hoping to get to read some of the stories soon. I'd recommend this book as a gift to anyone that is a knitter on your Christmas list.

I don't expect to be posting my finish projects until they have been gifted.  Happy Knitting!

ps- The three skeins in the front of the pile are my mother's handspun yarn! I am going to knit her something with them. I'll be posting that project on my Ravelry page since she can't see it there :)

pss- the Madelinetosh is mine. That I am keeping for myself it was a gift from my sister Leanne.

On a side note I had this conversation with my three your old after he was asking never ending questions. He was just going on and on and I was thinking in my head where does he come up with this stuff.

Me- "Where did you come from?"
Tiny- the thought about it looked at me and said "The grocery store?"
Me- giggled "No you didn't come from the grocery store."
Tiny- thinking harder and in all seriousness he said "Did I come from the yarn store?"

I love that kid.

Joining with Ginny's Yarn Along

7 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

good luck with a busy month ahead! hope your projects all go well. see you on the other side of things! :)

Debbie said...

I would keep that one also, what an amazing color!

You have a lucky family......receiving beautiful handmade gifts!

I sure do hope I get to see you at the farm!

Brian King said...

That is a lot of yarn! You're very talented and I know people will love their gifts! This is a busy time for everyone so no worries.

Elizabeth Edwards said...

some one is busy, busy, busy.

hey, i have a Christmas giveaway going on at my blog ... please be sure to stop by. have a great week. ( :

Lori ann said...

oh my gosh it's good you wrote that down, SO cute!! the yarn store!
busy here too, it is the season you are right. enjoy all the merry making!

Anonymous said...

Kids say the darnedest things!

Angela said...

What a fantastic collection of possibility!! Absolutely beautiful yarns. You are going to be so busy!!