Sunday, November 11, 2012

Scavenger Hunt Sunday- With Power!

We got our power back!!!!

After almost two weeks of no power we finally have it back.  As soon as it came on I ran to the thermostat and turned on the heat!  I started the laundry, loaded the dishwasher, took a hot shower, blew dry my hair with a hair dryer, and vacuumed everything!  I am so happy to say it is still on and we are so happy.

Last night was the first time in weeks I got to sleep in my own bed. I have been sleeping on the pull out couch bed and mostly my recliner. My back has been so stiff.  So it felt so good to sleep in my own bed all warm and cozy. I feel bad for all the people who still don't have their power. But we are enjoying ours to the fullest!

Okay on with the Scavenger Hunt.

Nature

I was down in the dumps, no electricity and trying to do some damage control I wasn't in the best mood. I got a text from my friend Debbie she wrote "look outside".  It was a beautiful sunset! I would have missed it if she didn't tell me. It turned my mood right around and I felt so much better.

Vintage


We found blue sea glass and this really old shell. It looks like a fossil it seems so old. I'd love to take it to someone who could give me an idea of how old it is. Yes that is snow at the beach.

Whimsical


It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a chickadee! Hee hee the hurricane brought my birds back after months of being away.  I love how the chickadee looks like a bullet.

Cooking


Not having power we had to get creative how to heat things up.  This pizza tasted so good. We did all our cooking and heating up on the wood burning stove.

Weeks Best
Tiny playing chicken at the beach





Again we are so grateful to have power back!

13 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

hooray for power! glad things are finally getting to be a bit more normal for you.

debbie's a sweetie, isn't she? :)

Tamar SB said...

So thankful you got your power back!!! Having family in the AC area and being from there has pulled my poor heart strings to the max. Hope you continue to recover well!

Deanna said...

The absolute best thing about this post is that your power is back...we just never know how much we miss our everyday (showers, laundry, hair-dryers) until they are gone. Your pics are beautiful, keep smiling!!

Honey Mommy said...

Hooray! So glad you have power! Mine has never been off for quite so long and I can only imagine how hard that is!

Your sunset picture is absolutely gorgeous! So glad you went outside.

Splendid Little Stars said...

wonderful shots, Andee!
Isn't it great that sometimes in the midst of trouble, something so magnificent as a beautiful sunset can make our spirits soar?!
Oh the joys of electricity! so glad you have yours back!

Debbie said...

andee....i am so incredibly happy as i read this entry. i have thought of you every day over the last 2 weeks and we have become closer, through our emails and texts.

you have the best, happiest spirit of anyone i know. REALLY, you are just an amazing person!!

i am soooo happy that your birds are back, that you have power and your life is getting back to normal!

a hot shower and a blower dryer will work wonders for the heart!!

Brian King said...

Awesome! Glad you got your power back! I know that's a huge mood lifter right there! Great entries! That first shot is gorgeous!

trulymegs said...

That sunset is stunning!

Barb said...

Cannot imagine going weeks without power! Glad yours is back. The child who smiled at the big ocean trying to grab his feet makes me smile too. Good you had that wood stove!

thecrazysheeplady said...

Yay :-D. LOVE the chickadee picture!!!

Nicki said...

Bravo for power - oh how sweet it is. Love the shots of your little one on the beach and actually got a kick out of the one bird looking at the bird feeder like 'how the heck do I get food outta there' - totally oblivious to the missile bird coming in.

Unknown said...

That's a long time to go w/out power! So glad things are starting to get back to normal. Love your set! That sunset is gorgeous! And love the birds at the feeder. My feeder is right outside my window, and I enjoy the birds visiting so much. The photos of your little man at the beach are wonderful!

Unknown said...

I love your cooking in the wood stove. Sometimes, it's good to get back to basics, even if it is forced. :)
The beach photos are wonderful. He looks like he is having a blast!