Monday, November 5, 2012

Ohio is HERE!!!!

Okay so maybe Ohio isn't really here. But utility works from Ohio are here!!! I looked out my window and saw a huge tree service truck from Ohio just pulled up. I screamed so loud and was clapping my hands and cheering in so much excitement. The boys thought I had lost my mind.

Once they saw the truck they were just as excited as I was. Tiny was clapping and cheering "We are going to get our powers back!"  I think we might still be a week off from power, but at least if the tree is down and the pole is replaced before this next storm comes through on Wednesday we will be one step closer to getting power.

I am so appreciative of all the crews that have come from other states to help out.  It makes me cry with gratitude. I know they have families that they are away from and I just can't come up with the right words.

Today we get to go trick or treating! The boys are so excited. We have to go buy some candy to hand out, since the boys have been living off of our supply for the last week.

Oh it is a good day.


We have been using our wood stove for heat and cooking. Yesterday for breakfast we had french toast, pirate eyes and I made red simmered chicken for lunch. Yummy.

5 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

those utility workers are angels. :)

Debbie said...

yipeeee!! let there be light!!

and kiss the cook, that stuff looks amazing!!

Brian King said...

I hope you get your power back soon. I know how difficult it can be, especially the longer it goes. It's nice you have that stove for heat and cooking!

thecrazysheeplady said...

Great stove cooking!!!

Deanna said...

Your boys will never forget this adventure they have been on. Thank goodness you have that stove for heat and I am praying your power comes back soon. Hurrah for Ohio!!