Thursday, August 2, 2012

Happy Birthday Nan

Today is my grandmother's birthday. Happy Birthday Nan!

I thought you might enjoy some pictures of some birds in my backyard.  Hopeful tomorrow I'll post the rest of my pictures from the balloon launch.

A turkey vulture was hanging around in the back yard today.


A male house finch.


Miss Goldfinch looking for mister right.


This guy looks a little messy.


But he is fast at getting the other boys away.


These two watch the excitement safely from the ground.


Nan has feeders with suction cups that stick to her kitchen window. I wish I could put them up at my house, but I know Harley would just go crazy barking at the birds.

Again Happy Birthday Nan. I hope you had a great day!

4 comments:

Elizabeth Edwards said...

happy birthday, Nan!! my hubby's birthday is today as well. fun. i love your bird shots. so cute. i believe those are finches that are in flight. neat shot there. (:

Debbie said...

ohhhhhh you have turned in to such a birdie!!

wonderful captures, the volture is magnificant!!

Brian King said...

Happy Birthday to your grandmother! Great photos of the birds! Love the vulture!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Happy birthday to Nan! These are wonderful bird shots!