Sunday, July 22, 2012

Scavenger Hunt Sunday- Baby Shower Style

Today we gave my sister a surprise baby shower.  I have no idea how my mother and sister Leanne pulled it off. Liz lives down the street from my parents house and my sister Leanne, so to put together a surprised baby shower and not have her find out was just crazy.  But it worked. She was totally surprised. 

It has been a crazy month at the farm.  One of the alpacas has been over-due and my mother had to stick close to the farm and keep watch on the expectant mother just in case she needed help (not my sister, the alpaca).  So hooray last weekend Geneva had her cria Jatoba. A beautiful little girl.

So after the healthy little alpaca girl was born it turned into full steam baby shower set up mode.  Which was really hard because my sister Liz is always at the farm.

So a little bit here and a little bit there. It all got pulled together.  To add to the excitement of the day the three crias (baby alpacas) got sheared only a few hours before the shower.  So Liz was sitting home waiting for us to call to let her know when the shearer was coming. Ha to her shearing was done and she showed up thirty minutes before the shower and we (small amount of family) yelled surprise! She was dressed in her farm clothes ready to get down and dirty shearing alpacas.  So we all laughed and told her to go home, get changed it was a pool party baby shower and come back as soon as possible.

It was a great time at the shower. Now on to SHS baby shower style...

Wrapped
Liz's dog Finn was wrapped in a lei. Hee hee

Time Together
My sisters, brother-in-law, and nephews playing together.

Yeah spending time with our family! They are so much fun. 


Tell Me a Story
My cousin's son read himself a story and read some out loud to us too, but there were some difficult words he didn't know. He is so cute.

Love or Couple

My sister, brother-in-law and their dog Finn.  Clearly in Love.

A fun family shot of my sister, brother-in-law, his parents and of course Finn.

Duplicated
Oh dear... I had nothing for "Duplicated" so instead I'll share pictures of little Jatoba the little alpaca that was sooooooo overdue and drove us all (especially my mother) crazy waiting.  Does duplicated count as shower and shearing....  okay a huge stretch, but at least she is sooooooooo cute and so sweet.





Look at those legs!!!

I hope you aren't sick of seeing alpaca pictures. 

Have  great Sunday.


10 comments:

Pam Bowers said...

Oh my...those alpaca's are soooo cute!!! Glad the baby shower went well.

Karen said...

There is nothing like family time! Beautiful shots. Thanks for sharing the alpaca photos! I've never seen a "cria" before and didn't know that 'what they are called!

Kim Stevens said...

Oh, I really loved these, and especially the little baby alpaca! I have never seen a baby, and so tiny they are. I just want to scoop it up and love on her. Thanks for sharing!

Lori ann said...

oh how beautiful andee, i love all your photos, your family all around, babies, just such a heartwarming post!

Brian King said...

It looks like the baby shower was a great success! Wonderful photos! The little alpacas are so cute! Their legs looks almost too long to walk on. Very cute!

leanne can blog said...

Cute baby alpaca!

Tamar SB said...

I don't know which is cuter the fun baby shower or the baby alpaca!

Debbie said...

jataba is a "duplicate" of geneva. the perfect choice!!

nice legs jatoba!!

looks like a fun shower!!

TexWisGirl said...

your sis's are beautiful. congrats on pulling off a surprise! the cria is too cute.

Deanna said...

What a great post this week. I love seeing your family pictures and your sister looks so happy & ready to deliver that baby. Really sweet shots, and the alpaca baby is just too adorable. No, I never get tired of seeing those babies. And you are nuts for "wanting to get zapped by an electric fence" That little stun was enough for me.