Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Cardigan & Tunic

I am so proud of my sister Leanne. Her design for the Ravelry Bag Contest made it into the finals!!!!!!  There were hundreds of entries and after nearly 73,000 votes her design made it into the finals!  Here is her design. 
You can go here to vote.  Good luck Leanne I hope you win! You got my vote.

Now onto my knitting.


I finished up my Abalone Cardigan I was working on during our road trip to the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival. It is a dark gray alpaca natural undyed yarn.  I picked up the wooden shawl pin at the festival.  I added a slightly ruffled edge to the cardigan just for fun.


I started working on my Tunic with my Miss Babs yarn I got at the Festival. It is a 100% super wash merino and I love it.  I like the color I am using for the Tunic. I am hoping it can be something I can wear all year round. I think it will look fun with jeans and black boots and a cardigan in the winter and for the summer with a pair of leggings on a cool summer night.

I am joining along with Ginny of Small Things weekly yarn along.


4 comments:

Monica said...

Oh! The cardigan is gorgeous. I love everything about it: yarn, color, ruffles and pin.

BTW- I've just got here via the Yarn Along. So happy for my "discovery"!

ALF said...

I LOVE that cardigan, Andee. If I buy some yarn and pay you, will you make one for me???

Shannon Breen said...

LOVING that cardigan! Beautiful. And congrats to the sister! (I just read her blog post about 20 minutes ago. LOL.)

Erin @ Wild Whispers said...

Beautiful! Congrats to your sister!