Friday, April 27, 2012

Hey Girl- Take 2


Oh I was so excited when I saw that I Heart Faces is running a "Hey Girl" contest for the month of May.  I think Freddy has finally forgiven me after the last Hey Girl post I did with the yarn along group.  If you missed it you can see it here.

So I have been trying to come up with something funny.  I Heart Faces is doing the Hey Girl challenge during the month of May in honor of Mother's Day.  So tonight as Freddy was digging a ditch for his new pull up bar outside. I couldn't help but giggle because I knew I came up with my new Hey Girl post.  He was blissfully unaware of my plot when I was taking pictures.

When the boys were newborns and would cry endlessly my husband would always say, "I'd rather go out in the back yard and dig a ditch then be stuck inside with a crying baby.  At least I'd feel like I'm doing something productive."  I don't want to give any impression that Freddy doesn't love his boys. He is one of the most devoted father's you will ever meet that does anything and everything for his boys.  He just wasn't a big fan of the crying.  I'm glad we can look back at it and laugh and know we made it through those endless crying episodes.  I love you Freddy.

Update 5/8/12 So the Hey Girl Photo Contest has to be a picture of a girl. How rude. So I got to do this one just for fun.

2 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

too cute. :)

Connie Smiley said...

What a kick! My husband uses those post hole diggers, too.