Monday, March 5, 2012

Pantene Beautiful Lengths- Good Bye Hair



I took my hair to the post office today and sent it out to Pantene Beautiful Lengths.  I decided to donate it to this organization because they give the wigs out for free to deserving people.  I was told by several people that Locks of Love is charging for their real hair wigs based on your income.  I didn't find any proof to that in writing, but Pantene does advertise that they donate all of their real hair wigs for free. 

They say it takes about five ponytails to make one wig. I hope someone will enjoy my hair.

Here is an outtake from the Pantene Beautiful Lengths website

~
Pantene created Beautiful Lengths because healthy hair means a lot to us, and the appearance of healthy hair means so much to women battling cancer. We want to be there for women when looking and feeling healthy is so important to them. As one breast cancer survivor put it, "It was very hard when my hair started falling out. It was coming out in chunks. It really takes away who you are when you look in the mirror."
Many of the women we help say that putting on a wig makes them feel like themselves again. When you donate your hair to the cause, you’re helping make that happen. ~

taken from Pantene's Website

Also the videos they have on their site are worth sitting down and watching here

No comments: