Friday, March 9, 2012

Full Moonrise over the Atlantic Ocean


The moon rose last night at 6:40.  I knew it was going to be a full moon and I was hoping to get a picture of it.  We only live a mile from the beach, so I packed the kids up in the car and Freddy came too and we headed down to the beach. It was extremely windy last night and appeared to be completely over cast.  I thought we weren't going to see the moon rise.  I had given up hope and was heading for home when my husband pointed out the passenger window "there it is."  So quickly I parked the car and jumped out and took a few pictures. I was in a huge rush because I had to get home because Freddy has somewhere he had to go and my brother-in-law was waiting at my house to measure a toy box he had made for us. So I only got to take a few rushed photos.  But it was well worth seeing this huge moon. It was bright orange and very magnificent.  By the time we got home and I looked out the window it appeared much smaller and whiter.

Have a great day,
Andee

No comments: