Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Presents

I got a present! This was given to me by Elizabeth from Abenaki Acres Farm.  She also wrote me a wonderful handwritten card.  It is so rare these days to receive an actual letter in the mail.  I was so excited to open the mailbox to find a package waiting for me. I eagerly brought it inside and couldn't wait to get it open.  After removing lots of tape and paper I found this Mini-Doffer! I gasped in excitement. I thought it was just the darn cutest thing I'd ever seen.  Had she given me this gift six months ago I would have had no idea what it was.  The little paper that came with it read "Mini-Doffer easily cleans hand carders, doffers & flickers. Works on Velcro too!  Hang as a tree ornament."  I can use this on my drum carder to get it clean!  I love it!!!!  Elizabeth wanted to congratulate me for my recent awards with my knitting and hand spun yarn.  She had seen this Mini-Doffer at a fiber show and couldn't resist purchasing it.  Thank you again Elizabeth for the gift I truly love it.  Thank you for all the encouragement you have given me in pursuing the fiber arts and my photography.


Fast Freddy bought himself a chain saw.  We have a lot of trees on our property and as they have fallen over the years we have pushed the limbs and trunks aside.  Freddy has been very busy chopping up all the wood and splitting it into firewood.  We have a wood burning fireplace in our house, so over the winter we will burn right through all this wood.

I bought myself a used lens for my camera. I have had my camera for a year now and this is the first lens I have purchased for it (besides the one it came with). I am having a lot of fun with it.

Brady got a new box of crayons. He loves to color and he spends a lot of time coloring. He makes me lots of pictures and I love them.


Tiny got a pig that sings "Bad to the Bone". He found this in the store and played the song about twenty times. He had everyone cracking up.  The lyrics to the song are

On the day I was born
The nurses all gathered 'round
And they gazed in wide wonder
At the joy they had found
The head nurse spoke up
Said "leave this one alone"
She could tell right away
That I was bad to the bone

This song cracked me up for two reasons. One because he kept laughing he was bad to the bone, with that twinkle in his eye. And two because on the day he was born he had the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck and he was in respiratory distress. He wasn't breathing and it seemed like every nurse in the hospital was in our delivery room. They quickly took him away to the Neonatal Intensive Care.  It wasn't until he was about 5 days old that I got to hold him. Now I look at him holding his little pig, shaking his butt singing "Bad to the Bone." I can't help but smile.

If you are planning on braving the crowds on Black Friday I hope you find all the perfect presents for your loved ones.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

i have seen the twinkle in tiny's eye....it is a combination of "he's adorable" and "what's he up to"!!

i LOVE getting fun mail!!!

Leanne Coppola said...

Now Shea and Brady can't tell their friends that their mom has a hairy licker :)