Monday, October 17, 2011

Yarn Along

In case you didn't know this about me. I love to knit.  I have been knitting since about 1998, I'll let you do the math.  I design most of my own patterns and I have recently started spinning my own yarn with a drop spindle. Most of my hand spun yarn is done with the fiber from my parents alpacas. First I have to wash it, then card it, then spin it, then set the twist, then I finally get to knit it.

I  post the things I have been working on for the week on my family's blog along with my sisters.  I will continue to do that on Wednesday's, but I'll keep posting what I am working on as I take pictures.

So here is what I have been working on this week.



Tiny thinks he should keep the hat.

Fast Freddy thinks he should get the hat.





This yarn is from Awan the alpaca at Arrow Acres Farm.  I washed, carded and spun it.


But it fits me just right.

This hat I designed and used a baby alpaca yarn. It is a dark gray. I love this hat.


Fast Freddy is so helpful.  This is a hat I designed for a friend I'll get back to this hat after the recipient receives it. The hat is made out of a dark gray alpaca yarn. The scarf is made from a baby alpaca yarn. I'll have to get a better picture of the scarf another day. 

 Happy Knitting & Spinning
-Andee

No comments: