Saturday, October 29, 2011

Rainy Day

It is raining / icing out. I really should go to the grocery store, but I can't motivate myself to leave the house.  So instead of being productive this morning. I let the boys run around the house and I made myself a hat. I love to wear hooded sweatshirts, but instead of looking frumpy all winter. I thought I should design a hat that gave me the feel of a hooded sweatshirt, but without the sweatshirt. So here it is my new hat.

 I decreased the front and back so it would lay nice on top of my head and slouch back. I love slouchy hats, but I wear glasses and the brim always presses on them and my long hair. So problem solved now I have a slouchy hood and of course I made it out of 100% alpaca.  I'd rather photograph this hat outside, but do to the weather these are the shots I got of it indoors.
Yesterday I hand spun 200 yards of yarn and I started a lace pattern cowl.  Hopefully I'll have all my Christmas gifts done in time.

No comments: