Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Arctic Treasure


I am the proud 1/3 owner of Heather's Acre Arctic Treasure! Isn't she sweet!!!

L.E. did a thorough fleece inspection upon her arrival to the farm.

I co-own Treasure with my parents and Emelise Alpacas. We purchased her at the Priority Alpaca Auction in Las Vegas last month. I wasn't there in person, but my parents were and they didn't let this beautiful white alpaca get away. She made a long trip all the way back from Vegas and is now making herself at home with the show girls.
For anyone that is interested in knowing a little more about her here is the write up on her from Heather's Acres.
~Heather's Acre Arctic Treasure is a very special, beautiful white female with a soft, highly-advanced, dense fleece and a promising line up of lineage on both top and bottom which has proven to be invaluable to our farm and breeding program. She's also well grown with perfect conformation and balance and like her sire and dam has a very sweet disposition.
Arctic Treasure is the daughter of an elite stud, Accoyo Sirius - 9x banner male including two AOBA Nationals halter and fleece shows and Judges' Choice banners. She is the granddaughter of Accoyo Odyssey and other notables, Accoyo Godfather, Accoyo The Last Don, Mr. President and many well known and treasured females.~
She really does have a sweet personality and is just a pleasure. Here she is practicing her posing for the upcoming Spring alpaca shows with some of the other girls.


I couldn't resist getting some other farm scene pictures since I had my camera out.


Spacy the fawn girl below has taken her time warming up to us human folks (that is normal since she came from a very large farm). On a lead or being handled she is amazingly cooperative. But while I am doing chores in the pen she tends to wander away until I am done. But look at her now front and center and accepting me as part of her little herd :) BTW her official name is Out of This World. Her fleece is AMAZING!!!!! I can't wait to see how she does in the show ring this Spring. She already has a blue ribbon from the one show she was in this past Fall. Which reminds me halter training is about to start back up!


FDA Bisturi's Royal Rose Blush is such a pretty girl. She too has done well in the show ring so far.


L.E. is also a part member of my little herd. I co-own her with my parents and my sisters. L.E. is such a sweet girl and should I also mention has done quite well herself in the show ring.



Since we bought Arctic Treasure a few weeks ago it has been freezing cold and snowy. I told my parents the next alpaca we buy needs to be called Summer Breeze!


4 comments:

Debbie said...

oh that name is awesome, perfect for the next addition, maybe it will be a new baby!!

i miss the alpaca, but i will be around soon as i have a class coming up with leanne. fingerless gloves, i am really ready to move on from hats!!!!

Deanna said...

They all look like overgrown plush toys...congrats on your new ownership!!

thecrazysheeplady said...

Yep, sounds like you all jinxed yourselves :-D.

Andi said...

Ah, she is a beauty!!!