Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Yarn Along~ Socks





 I have been knitting and spinning so much lately!!! I haven't found time to stop and take pictures of all the things I have going on my needles and wheel, but hopefully over the weekend I will find time to do just that.

I finished up a pair of socks for my son. He loves them! I used Indulgence 6 ply Distrato yarn. It has been a while since I have used this yarn and I loved having it back on my needles.  I love how it stripes and I love that I can get the effect of lots of colors without weaving in so many ends when I'm finished.  Instead each sock just has two tails to weave in: one from the cast on and one from the finished toe.  I followed the pattern from the Simply Skyp socks (only I didn't do the Skyp stitch) and I used Addi turbo sock rockets US 0 32" circular needles (magic loop).  I love how they turned out.



4 comments:

DesertSnowdrop said...

Oh your socks for your son turned out just beautiful! I bet he loves them!

karen said...

lovely lovely socks and my your son is getting big :) Great colorway!

Unknown said...

The socks are lovely.

Jessica Snell said...

I love the colors on those socks - so warm and earthy!