Thursday, October 17, 2013

Greystone Hat

I have been knitting behind the scenes for months now. I have been doing test knits for different people and have been keeping the finished knits in my vault at home waiting for their patterns to be released so I can show them off to the world.  Okay maybe they aren't in a vault, but I have been keeping them in a bag in my bedroom.  Yesterday one of the patterns I tested for Melissa Thomson of Sweet Fiber Yarns was released. It is called "Greystone". It is the first pattern of her Fall 2013 collection that I test knitted to be released.


I really enjoyed making this hat. It is a pretty simple hat to make, but looking at the finished pictures it looks much more difficult than it is.  I would absolutely recommend this hat to a beginner. The pattern is very easy to follow and knits up very quickly.  In the picture above I used Madelinetosh Light. I held two strands together.  I really love how it turned out.
 
I also made a version with Spud & Chloe sweater yarn. The hat came out much bulkier, but I think it is great for a man.  I also like that I can fold the brim on this version too. I actually really like the way it fits on me. Humm maybe I'll have to keep both of them.
 
 
This pattern was released yesterday and it is in the top 10 patterns on Ravelry right now! Way to go Melissa!!! I can't wait for the rest of the pieces of the collection to get released.
 
Links:
 


1 comment:

karen said...

lovely hat and pattern! You secret knitter you :)