Friday, May 31, 2013

Day 31: Relax

Day 31: Relax
 
Today is the last day of the photo challenge. Today's word is "Relax".
 
The temperatures over here at the Jersey Shore have been in the 90s.  My mom set out sprinklers for the alpacas this morning.  Francesca was enjoying herself.
 

 Oh and Miss Lily was relaxing too.


I just love her.

 
We can relax now that the alpacas are sheered. It would be a nightmare to have this heat wave and alpacas in full fleeces! But they are happy and keeping cool the best they can. Thanks to the help of fans and hoses.
 
I am a middle child, do I need to say more.  I like to think that I begged my parents to get alpacas long before anyone else did, but like I said I'm a middle child and I might as well have said over and over I wanted a herd of buffalo. In one ear and out the other.  That is just how it goes for us middle kids.  But maybe I planted the seed in my parents head many years ago. They like to give my younger sister credit for the alpacas.  Only I know the truth, are you with me?  Anyway, back to my younger sister she needed roving and they went to the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival and that is where my mom met her first alpacas, fell in love and now they are alpaca farmers.  They were farmers to begin with they just didn't have alpacas. 
 
I dreamt of alpacas in the field behind their house between the apple tree and the pond. We would be able to sit on the back deck and just watch alpacas grazing shear their fleece once a year and I could knit with their wonderful yarn.  Well it came true today!  My parents set up a new field and we moved Blue, Awan & Kigo over.  I went inside to get a glass of water and when I came outside and saw the alpacas grazing in the back yard I actually got a tear in my eye. I am not mushy like that (maybe it is the heat) but it was like the farm is complete!  I know it is silly, but it was such a joy to see them out there.  Don't you wish I took a picture? I didn't. I just stood there and enjoyed the moment. Then I rushed home to get Brady off to school.  I promise I'll go back and get a picture so you can enjoy the new view too!  I can't wait to go back and relax on the back deck with a dark and stormy (awesome drink) and cherish those silly looking alpacas in the back yard of the house I grew up in.  Good stuff. 

4 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

you're a visionary. :)

Debbie said...

making dreams come true!! love the sprinkler image...miss lily is so chill!!

thecrazysheeplady said...

:-)

Deanna said...

Ahhh, alpacas have to be cool too. Love your stories.