Sunday, August 12, 2012

"I'm Going to Jackson...

Look out Jackson Town."

picture taken from my seat

Last night Freddy and I went out for date night to 9th Ave Pier.  It was our first time there and we loved it.  Typically we like to go to another patio bar that is further from our house, but the owners of that bar just opened this one. Same food, same service, same wonderfulness, but closer to home and a view that will knock your socks off.

picture taken from my seat

The restaurant is set out on the pier so you are surrounded by water on three sides.  There is a wonderful breeze off the water and the entertainment was amazing.


Typically I don't bring my camera to bars with me, unless the owners have asked me to do so for pictures for the menu or website. But this bar is having a Photo Contest! The contest is to get pictures of the sunset. Best picture wins $50.00 gift certificate.  I'll work take pictures for payment of Tequila Sunrises :)

picture taken from my seat

picture taken from my seat

Unfortunately there wasn't a good sunset last night. But that didn't take away from the amazing time we had there.  The band was amazing. It was the first time I had ever seen them and I hope they don't hate me for taking pictures of them during their performance.  But I couldn't resist.


Freddy said I looked like their biggest fan taking pictures of them. Hee hee. Really they were so good I am a huge fan now.  They are the "Paul Marino Band" and if you live in the area you must check out their schedule and see where they are performing.

I always wanted to be in a band. My friends and I had a band called "Underwater Scenery" when we were kids. I played the guitar and sang in our awesome band.  I'm not very good at singing or playing the guitar, but that doesn't stop me from singing Johnny Cash songs all day at home.  I rarely have the TV on and instead play music.  I have a combination of Johnny Cash songs that play throughout the day. I always sing the June Carter parts like I'm in concert. Hee hee.  I tend to sing "I'm Going to Jackson" the most.

So I was so excited that the "Paul Marino Band" was singing all my favorite Johnny Cash songs.  It totally made up for the piss pour sunset.



picture taken from my seat

 The girl singer in the band is outstanding. She is so tiny but she can sing like she's 50 feet tall.  It is so amazing to hear such a strong voice come out of such a tiny package.




picture taken from my seat

picture taken from my seat

Well we'll have to go back for some more sunset pictures at the bar.

Also thank you to the band for letting "the crazy lady with the camera",
that would be me, take so many pictures.

Links-

ps- I added captions to the pictures I took from my seat just to show how awesome the view is!

Link to an actual sunset I photographed at the pier

3 comments:

Brian King said...

That place does have a gorgeous view! Your photos are beautiful! Glad you guys had a great time!

Debbie said...

gorgeous photographs andee, what a view!! i am so happy you and freddy had a date night and that you had so much fun!!

i am going to have to try this place, did they have the corn fritters?? extra powdered sugar please...

Celai said...

First off your pics are beautiful and love the story behind each and every one! Turns out you did catch some sunsets in a few and came out gorgeous! As for the crazy lady with a camera..well I guess that goes for me too cause I always bring mine with me~ya just never know what may see..especially there. Glad you had a great time..