Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Charming Saturday

The above photo is edited with Kim Klassen's texture Charmed.








This weekend we headed to the boardwalk to go on the rides, play games and have some cotton candy.  The weather was beautiful.  Below is the view from the Crazy Bus ride (Photoshopped).





After the boardwalk we headed over to the patio bar for some lunch.  The boys enjoyed some cotton candy.  A very special and very rare treat.



This is the view from our table.  There is plexi glass up to block the wind. So it is such a nice place to sit. Also there are lots of fishing boats in view so it is fun to watch them getting their boats ready to head out to the ocean.



We always have such a fun time at the boardwalk.  This boardwalk is in Point Pleasant, NJ.  We live very close so it is a fun easy quick visit.  During the summer however it gets very crowded so our trip are limited due to lack of parking and crowds, but at this time of year we truly love it.

We might however have to make a trip down to Seaside boardwalk.  But only because we have a fun reason.  My parents' motor home is being used as a make-up / wardrobe trailer for a movie that is being filmed there at the moment.  Does that get me special privileges to go on set to get some fun photos? I'm not sure, but I might have to try.  If I don't get to Seaside maybe I can tag along when they are filming closer to home in few weeks.  All I know about the movie is that it is some sort of a mob movie and Julia Roberts brother is in the movie.  Rumor has it we get to go to the premier. I wonder if Julia will be there?  Oh that would be so much fun.  I'll promise to take lots of pictures.

I haven't seen any movie stars lately, but my niece has. She was an extra in the movie "Tower Heist" and she filmed in a few scenes with Eddie Murphy, Ben Stiller, Casey Affleck, Matthew Broderick, ect... She is too young to know any of them.  I saw her a few hours after filming and she had no clue who Eddie Murphy was even though she had just spend several hours sitting next to him. Sigh.

Does it count that I used to be a dog trainer and I trained Tom Cruises' sister's dogs?  Okay I better get on site and update my movie star list to actual stars.

6 comments:

Brian King said...

Really nice texture in the first photo, Andee! Love the colors in your other shots. The kids certainly looked like they had a great time!

Nancy said...

Looks like a wonderful day -- love your photos and the textured image turned out beautifully. :)

Rosie@leavesnbloom said...

Oh what a great day out you had! Eddie Murphy probably enjoyed being in the company of someone who hadn't a clue as to how famous he really is.

Debbie said...

oh andee, what a beautiful day!!

tiny, in that hat, oh my, there are no words. we don't go in the summer either, way too crowded. we do occasionally drive down on thursday night, wait around in the main parking lot and watch the fireworks through the moon roof in the car.

if you go, be sure to pop some pop corn and bring it with you ;))

Deanna said...

What a fun day you had, and please keep us updated on your movie star meetings. And yeah, training Tom Cruises' sister's dogs absolutely counts.

Lori ann said...

oh my gosh all the smiles, LOVE that. such happy times. your boys are dolls.

haha, celebritys. living here we get a fair share. they drive up to santa barbara from l.a. and stop off in our little town. i think they like the anoniminty (sp?). monday i had a phone call at work from us weekly, fact checking. they wanted to see if aston kutcher and mila kunis were in our shop. yes. hee hee. many times i don't recognize them. britney spears, drew barrymore and lady gaga all looked like teenagers to me and i didn't even know it was them until someone told me (drew is a DOLL, such a sweetie)!
but opray and barbara streistand are completely reconisable. and omg, my spelling is atrocious. haha. kevin costner lives a couple blocks from me. oh dear i'll stop now.