Saturday, January 28, 2012

Scavenger Hunt Sunday

This is my first time joining along with Ashley Sisk's Scavenger Hunt Sunday.  I came across this site through my blogging friend Debbie from It's All About Purple.

Here are my interpretations of the 5 items chosen to photograph

1. Smile
This is Wdamo one of my parents alpacas.  She is pregnant and is expecting her first cria "baby" this summer.  One sign of a pregnant alpaca is they keep their ears back.  It looks to me like she is very happy expectant mother.

2. Stand Alone
We had beautiful weather this week so we spent some time at the beach.  This is a paddle surfer.  I don't really get the whole paddle surfing thing.  I'll have to try it so I can have a better opinion.  Back in my life guarding days I enjoyed kayaking, surfing and long board surfing.  The paddle surfing wasn't big yet so I missed out. However, I am determined to try kite surfing that seems much more exciting than paddle surfing.  I enjoy wind surfing so I think kite surfing might be thrilling unless I end up in the middle of the ocean. Oh dear.

3. Rusty or Something Old
This bell was made in 1886.  My boys love ringing this bell. 

4. Artificial
My husband proposed to me on this beach in 2005.  My mother made me an artificial bouquet so I wouldn't be sneezing my whole wedding.  I brought my bouquet to the beach and photographed it close to the spot where my husband asked me to be his wife.  I am very thankful for this scavenger hunt. It has inspired me to photograph special memories.

5. Repeating Pattern
This is the back of a sweater I am knitting.  I am making it out of alpaca yarn.
Have a great day
~Andee

8 comments:

Lori said...

Well you did a fabulous job! These are all great! Love the first image, she does look happy and is so cute.

Saun said...

Awesome set I love that you brought your flowers to the beach your have to frame that one.

Tamar SB said...

The smiling alpaca may have just made my day! Great shots!

Debbie said...

andee....these are awesome!! oh my, go check out my 5, my "stand alone" may look familiar!! thanks for the shout out, you are too sweet for words!!

Seizing My Day said...

I tried paddle boarding once...it is fun... peaceful... you do see more of your surroundings while standing...though I prefer a kayak! ;) great pictures...

Ashley Sisk said...

What a great set - really like your smile shot.

Sacha♥ said...

i really like your shot... She does look like she is smiling at you :)

love the rusty bell

Sacha
www.sachasaucysnippets.blogspot.com

BF said...

I LOVE that your parents have alpacas, I always joke to my boyfriend about wanting an alpaca (I live in a town home in the suburbs/city area... )!