Sunday, December 18, 2011

Santa Traded in the Sleigh for a Helicopter

 We have been very lucky to be invited to what I believe is the world's greatest Christmas Party for kids.   We attended this party last year and I couldn't wait to go again this year.  The owners of this farm bring in a petting zoo, play Christmas music, they serve hot chocolate with whip cream and Santa comes in a helicopter and gives out toys to every child that attends.  If that is not enough they even have a fantastic playground.  Truly a magical night to most, but of course Tiny didn't get his nickname Tiny Terror on accident.  He cried and fussed the entire time. He didn't like that it was cold and he wanted everyone to get off the playground so he could have it to himself and he wanted nothing to do with the animals.  Leave it to Tiny to have no fun.  I didn't get a chance to get up close to many of the animals even though I was in awe of seeing a cashmere goat. I wanted to pet it so bad.  Every time I got close to the animals Tiny would start to scream because he wanted me to focus all my attention on getting the 50 kids playing on the playground off the playground. So to avoid a melt down in public I took pictures from distance.  I really, really, really wanted to pet the cashmere goat.

 My nephew was very excited about the party. He didn't cry at all. He is a very good little boy.


The photo above I took last year. I am not sure who was more excited about seeing Santa the adults or the kids. This is my mother and sister holding Brady and Tiny. 







 And of course when we got home Tiny ran into the house as excited as can be to tell Daddy all about Santa Claus and how he came in a helicopter. He was jumping in excitement.  Gotta love 2 year olds.

But truly it was a magical night and I am so grateful we were invited and I am looking forward to next year!

No comments: