Sunday, December 11, 2011

Grow With Me Hat

We had a very busy and very successful weekend at the farm (Arrow Acres Farm). I am now trying to get caught back up on my real job, so I didn't have time to do anything fun today.  But I did make this cute hat last night. It is made from alpaca yarn. The pink was hand dyed yarn my sister made and the white is natural un-dyed.  The eye cord makes this hat grow. So it will fit a newborn and still fit as a toddler.  The nice thing about the hat (which I love, since I designed the hat myself) is that the I-cord also works as a strap. So you can keep this hat on your wrist and also it can be turned into a little bag.  I will take pictures as examples, but right now the hat is in the showroom.

I also made this newborn hat out of the dyed alpaca yarn.  We had a customer come in looking for a pink newborn hat, but we didn't have any so she purchased this yarn and I made it that night and she came back the next day to pick it up. I've been selling things before I get a chance to take pictures of them.  I can't explain in words how exciting that is!!!  So this picture may not do the hat justice, but at least I got a picture of it!


No comments: