Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Awards!!!!! I got an Award!!!!

   My blogging friend Debbie from It's All About Purple honored me with this award.  I was so excited to receive it. I started this blog a few weeks ago and I am addicted!  I can't believe all the people I am meeting in the blogging world.  Pretty soon I am going to have to quit my job and be a groupie to all the blogs I am following. What new birds are at Debbie's house and where are her and her husband going today? What is Ginny knitting? What is happening in Lori's week? I can go on and on.  Being honored with this award gives me courage to keep blogging.

     So here are the details to go with receiving this award.
I am going to tell you seven things you don't already know about me and then pass this on to five very deserving people.

  1. I am dyslexic.
  2. When I grow up I want to be a dolphin trainer at Sea World.
  3.  I played the trombone in my elementary school band.  I was first chair and in the Jazz Band. I was a pretty awesome 5th grader.
  4. I mumble. Or so I’m told. I understand what I am saying.
  5. I was a beach lifeguard at Sea Girt beach.
  6. I am scared to death of worms.  I link it to an event in my childhood.  But to this day I can’t stand the sight of them.  When I was in college and it rained and there were worms on the walkways I could hardly breath as I trudged my way to my next class (but the phobia started around the age 7).  I garden, but with gloves on at all times.
  7. If I go missing you will probably be able to find me in Newport Beach, California.  It is my dream place to live, but I would never move that far away from my family and friends.  But I can always dream about living there.
      I tried to make sure the seven things you don't know about me aren't the things my security answers I use for registering for things online already know.


    Okay drum roll for my awardees.  Please don't be mad I just started blogging and Debbie already got this award, so I can't give it back to her. So I pass this award to


Leanne @ ArrowAcresFarm.blogspot.com
Anna @ spanielranch.blogspot.com


Anna has a super secret blog. So secret I couldn't find it for about a year. Well maybe it isn't secret, but you have to have permission to enter her blog and I couldn't remember my user name and password. But she truly has the greatest blog in the history of all blogs. Her writing is absolutely amazing. She makes me laugh so hard I cry.  When we were kids we would write notebooks back and forth to each other filled with endless notes of random nonsense.  It was a step above writing notes to each other in school except sometimes our paths didn't cross so we would just keep writing, then when she would spend her summers at her father's she would write on the plane and on their adventures.  Then when the last page was filled in the notebook we would exchange them and read about all the things that had happened.  I wonder if kids still pass notes in high school? Or do they just text?  I cherish the notebooks I still have from Anna's adventures.  Now she has a blog so we don't need notebooks, but I would be sad if we had just texted each other for all those years. Inevitably we would have had to delete all those texts and our memories would be lost. Have you noticed I am three people short in passing this award to. Seriously I just started blogging a few weeks ago. I need some time to make some friends on here.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

wooooohoooo this is awesome!! i LOVE your 7 and i think you are the first blogging friend i have ever met in real life!!

thanks for participating, i really enjoy my visits here!!